Ross Aldridge Solicitors – Internal Complaints Procedure

We are sorry you are having to complain about the service we are providing. We take complaints very seriously and will do everything we can to resolve this to your satisfaction.

What to do first

If you are not happy with the service we are providing we would ask you to raise this first with the person handling your claim either in writing, by email or telephone.

If you are not satisfied with the response

Please now escalate this as a formal complaint by contacting either Mr John Depner ( or Mr Dan Menell ( setting out details of your complaint. John and Dan are Directors of this firm.

What will happen next?

We will start to investigate your complaint.  This will normally involve us asking the person you have complained about to provide their comments on your complaint. We will then send

you a detailed response to your complaint.  This may include suggestions for resolving the matter.  We will do our best to contact you within 14 days of receipt of your formal complaint.

What happens if you are not satisfied with this response?

If you wish, and if we agree it is appropriate, we will arrange to have your complaint reviewed by Weightmans LLP who are a firm of solicitors with a specialist department handling complaints against solicitors. They will contact you directly and attempt to resolve the matter as objectively and efficiently as possible, whilst preserving the confidentiality of your matter. Weightmans LLP will write to you confirming the final position on your complaint. 

What happens if you are not satisfied with this response?

You can ask the Legal Ombudsman to consider the complaint. They can be contacted by telephone on 0300 500033, or by visiting their website at or in writing at the Legal Ombudsman, PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton WV1 9WJ. Normally, you will need to bring a complaint to the Legal Ombudsman within six months of receiving a final written response about your complaint.

If you are unsure as to whether the Legal Ombudsman can assist you with your complaint, you can contact the Legal Ombudsman service at:


Phone:             0300 555 0333


Address:          PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ

Please note that the Ombudsman is there to deal with concerns about the level of service received. Where there are more serious concerns that a solicitor or solicitor’s firm have been involved in professional misconduct then reports can also be made to the Solicitors Regulation Authority, the regulator of solicitors and solicitor firms. This could be for quite unusual and serious acts of misconduct such as dishonesty, taking or losing your money or treating you unfairly because of your age, a disability or other characteristic. Obviously we do not anticipate any such problems arising and would ask that you notify the matter supervisor straight away if you have any such concerns. You can find out more about the Solicitors Regulation Authority including their contact details and professional conduct rules on their website:

Start Your Claim

Fast, accurate advice, when you need it most.